Well this Super Bowl will go down in history as one of the most.....not really sure what it will be called but everyone is still talking about it.
Sociably Yours was able to visit the Fox 8 studio and share our ideas for Super Bowl Snacks & Sips.
What does an event planner know about football. Page Stroud of Sociably Yours knows a lot! As a wife of a football fan, I have had to endure this season but this is where it gets fun for me. The playoffs are where the best of the best in the division battle it out to see who will make it to the Super Bowl.
As a native of Charlotte, I was thrilled that the Carolina Panthers advanced to the divisional playoffs. And how do you celebrate your excitement, with a party! We stopped by the Fox Studio to show the viewing audience how to take your playoff party to the next level.
Check out the segment below.
Be Sociably Inspired!
Homecoming, according to Wikipedia, is the tradition of welcoming back alumni of
a school. Homecoming, for Sociably Yours, is a tradition to get dressed in your
finest and celebrate with your friends.
Emphasis on fashion always creates an opportunity to really show how stylish you can be. You need to have more than one outfit which makes this celebration more than an experience.
Here are a few of our tips to help you look stylish for Homecoming:
1. Check the weather. Rain, extreme heat, etc. can truly change your outfit for the outdoor activities.
2. Keep it sophisticated. Always consider your audiences while attending various events. If you are attending the parade, children tend to be in the audience. Sheer clothing would be inappropriate to adorn for the parade. Select one asset to accentuate. If you are wearing a short(er) skirt, you shouldn't also have on a plunging neckline.
3. Shoes. Yes, we all want to look chic with our heels on but consider where you will be walking to. Select shoes where you won't need assistance while wearing them. We have all seen (or maybe even been) the young lady walking with her heels in her hands toward the end of the night. Or the young lady who is holding onto others to help her keep her composure as she walks to and from the car. Keep it classy, select a shoe that is not only chic but comfortable.
4. Create an itinerary prior to the Homecoming weekend. So much is scheduled into one weekend, determine what events you would like to make an appearance. The majority of events have a fee involved, so knowing that in advance can help you in drafting your itinerary.
5. Have fun! This is a celebration of returning to the school that helped to mold you into the adult you are today. The long registration lines guided in your comprehension of the importance of taking care of your business in a timely manner. The mandatory group meetings polished your interpersonal communication skills. The Vesper programs introduced you to influential individuals who dreamed and encouraged you to dream.
This weekend is more than the football game, more than the parties, more than the fashion. This weekend is the ultimate celebration of what you and countless others have accomplished. This weekend is a celebration of what the generation on your heels will be able to accomplish.
Celebrate Homecoming Sociably!
Whether your mate is a professional player or a fantasy player, the season is here! Like millions of women around the world, I am bracing myself. I enjoy the excitement that my husband displays as he gets ready for the upcoming football season. However, with the season comes the absence of romantic evenings
replaced by Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night football. I have made up my mind that this season will be enjoyed by all.
The old saying goes, "if you can't beat them, join them." This year I will be joining my Hun in the joy that America's other favorite past time brings.
1. Talk the talk. In order to walk the walk, you must talk the talk. I'm not suggesting binging on NFL (National Football League) 101, I'm simply speaking learning enough terms to help you at least understand what is going on on the football field. For example, what position does Tom Brady play? If you answered quarterback, then you are a natural. Just learn a few more terms and the season will be great.
2. Pick a team. There are 32 teams in the NFL, pick one. Over the years, I have selected my favorite team based on their team colors. Most recently, I have selected my favorite team on how many cute players I think they have. Whatever reason you use to pick a team, just pick one and cheer them on. I even endorse switching teams mid season, which I have done many
3. Watch what goes on. You can learn a lot about football by watching the various shows that come on. I particularly pay attention to the fashion of football players. As the commentators comment on the players skills on the field, I critique the players fashion skills off the field.
4. Host a party. Food, fellowship and football, what more could you need? Create an informal party environment with your friends by asking them to bring a dish. You could be responsible for the main dish and your friends could bring their favorite football sides. Takes the stress off of you and allows everyone to participate.
Enjoy the season and be Sociably Inspired!
Photo credit: myhotelwedding.com
Hello from Page
My life is a celebration! Thank you so much for visiting this website.