Homecoming, according to Wikipedia, is the tradition of welcoming back alumni of
a school. Homecoming, for Sociably Yours, is a tradition to get dressed in your
finest and celebrate with your friends.
Emphasis on fashion always creates an opportunity to really show how stylish you can be. You need to have more than one outfit which makes this celebration more than an experience.
Here are a few of our tips to help you look stylish for Homecoming:
1. Check the weather. Rain, extreme heat, etc. can truly change your outfit for the outdoor activities.
2. Keep it sophisticated. Always consider your audiences while attending various events. If you are attending the parade, children tend to be in the audience. Sheer clothing would be inappropriate to adorn for the parade. Select one asset to accentuate. If you are wearing a short(er) skirt, you shouldn't also have on a plunging neckline.
3. Shoes. Yes, we all want to look chic with our heels on but consider where you will be walking to. Select shoes where you won't need assistance while wearing them. We have all seen (or maybe even been) the young lady walking with her heels in her hands toward the end of the night. Or the young lady who is holding onto others to help her keep her composure as she walks to and from the car. Keep it classy, select a shoe that is not only chic but comfortable.
4. Create an itinerary prior to the Homecoming weekend. So much is scheduled into one weekend, determine what events you would like to make an appearance. The majority of events have a fee involved, so knowing that in advance can help you in drafting your itinerary.
5. Have fun! This is a celebration of returning to the school that helped to mold you into the adult you are today. The long registration lines guided in your comprehension of the importance of taking care of your business in a timely manner. The mandatory group meetings polished your interpersonal communication skills. The Vesper programs introduced you to influential individuals who dreamed and encouraged you to dream.
This weekend is more than the football game, more than the parties, more than the fashion. This weekend is the ultimate celebration of what you and countless others have accomplished. This weekend is a celebration of what the generation on your heels will be able to accomplish.
Celebrate Homecoming Sociably!
'Wardrobing' is a system of buying clothes in a few basic colors that all work together. In doing so, you can create multiple outfits from a few basic items. When you build a solid wardrobe you need to think 'simplicity.' Your choice of clothes should feature those with clean lines that are both casual and comfortable but well chosen enough to create a professional image.
The Twelve Garments for a Solid Wardrobe
Complimentary Items to a Solid Wardrobe
Be Sociably Inspired!
Our clients have spoken and they have confirmed that our Style Sociably service is incredible! I understand people and their perception of you based on how you look. What you wear is a form of communication. While it may not seem fair that people develop an immediate
impression of who you are simply by the clothes you wear, it is still true that your clothes tell a story about your personality and how you are likely to be perceived by others. Do you think it takes more effort to look hot or a hot mess?
Clothing will always have an effect on how we think of ourselves. Research has confirmed that people have experienced being treated better when they are well dressed as opposed to being less put together (ill fitting clothing, dirty).
Style Sociably is our personalized fashion service for men and women. I provide fashion styling for events such as weddings and parties to conferences and romantic getaways. I work one-on-one to help you identify your style and clearly define it through your fashion. I take the time to assess what you currently have and determine what you may need to enhance your style to one that is unforgettable.
Fashion is interwoven in the fabric of my being. My love of fashion began and was cultivated with a career with some of the leading women clothing retailers. With a dad who is a tailor by trade, I have been immersed in the world of patterns, fabrics, and fashion trends as far back as I can remember. I have created and presented numerous fashion workshops and enjoy helping others look their best.
The Style Sociably mission is to make the world more stylish one client at a time. Let me show you how simple being stylish can be. Have an upcoming event you want to be sure you look your best? Contact me to schedule your Style Sociably consultation.
Hello from Page
My life is a celebration! Thank you so much for visiting this website.